Sunday, June 30, 2013

Politics! YAY!

So today was an interesting day for me. At the end of our day at church supporting my daughter's freedom of religion, the Deacon came up to me and invited me to join our congregation's representatives at a political conference in Phoenix, AZ to discuss some of the current issues that are affecting our community. Barring the religious aspect of this campaign, it is a tremendous opportunity for someone of little means and resources, like myself, to finally be heard. There are so many things that I feel strongly about. Human rights being the biggest (and realistically, the only) one. I am completely unsure of the topic that the most current conference, but I have been told that there are several of these conferences coming up. I really hope I can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment